Re-Entry Plan for 2020-2021
- Gilmer County will go on a five day regular schedule.
- All professional staff’s work day - 7:45 am to 3:45 pm
- All students will wear a face covering on the bus and will be seated according to family and bus stops. We will load the back of the bus and move forward. A mask will be provided to those that do not have their own entering the bus.
- Buses will unload one at a time. Students will walk through temperature scanners entering the building with a person stationed to assist if needed. Students will “grab and go” breakfast and report to their home room.
- Evening dismissal will be limited to 2-3 buses at a time to decrease hallway traffic. Buses will be announced for departure.
- Students’ schedules will be developed so “core grouping” can occur. Students will remain in these pods for the day. The only exception will be high school scheduling where social distancing will be observed. Modified block scheduling will also be utilized so students are only transitioning once before lunch and once after lunch. 8 periods will still be the schedule but on alternative days.
- Hallways, cafeterias, bathrooms, stairways, and walkways will be marked with directional flow and social distancing.
- Face covering will be provided to all employees and students as needed.
- Disposable masks will be purchased for each student for daily use.
- Masks/face coverings will be worn by everyone in shared spaces (ie hallways, bathrooms, commons area).
- Visitors will be limited to only essential business. No volunteers or college observers will be granted access to buildings,
- Cafeterias will be utilized with 50% capacity for lunch. All breakfast will be in the rooms.
- Cooks and custodians will be required to wear face coverings.
- Shields will be purchased for: school offices (front desk, principals, counselors) PPE will be purchased for each school.
- Custodian’s schedules will be adjusted so a deep clean will occur daily at each building.
- Refilling station will be purchased for water fountains so students will have access to water without cross contamination.
- Plan B: Full remote learning – staff will undergo training on Schoology at the beginning of year to be able to convert to online. Beginning of school (Professional Development) will be dedicated to training staff.
Gilmer County’s plan was developed with the WVDE guidance:
GILMER COUNTY PRESCHOOL ENROLLMENT
Please schedule a time to enroll your preschool student by contacting Shelly Mason by
email at skmason@K12.wv.us or 304-462-7386 X 108
It is our mission to educate the whole child and for all children to be lifelong learners.
We believe students will be engaged in a safe, successful learning environment with high expectations involving all teachers, students, families and communities in order to promote lifelong learning.
Flu Shots are available at School Based Health. Please stop by the SBH Office to pick up a consent form and schedule an appointment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact SBH at 462-3415.